Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

I have 1998 deere gx 85 the motor had water in it I flushed…

Customer Question
Hey guys I have 1998...
Hey guys I have 1998 John deere gx 85 the motor had water in it I flushed it out and when I put everything back the engine it get stuck when the starter turns it but when I take the spark plug out the starter turn the motor easy now when the spark plugs out I see and feel pressure coming out and when I put my finger in the hole of the spark plug I feel that it push my finger way and back in
Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Small Engine
10/4/2017
Technician: Wayne, Engine Rebuilder replied 10 months ago
Wayne, Engine Rebuilder

Hi i'm Wayne

I will help you with this

Not sure what you are asking here

it won't crank over with s/plugs in ??

it won't crank with a s/plug?
The starter will spin the flywheel one turn then stop it's not spinning like how it should but when the spark plug is out the starter spins the flywheel continuously
The motor doesn't start because it doesn't spin enough to spark the plug I check for spark when the spark plug is out and there is spark

Hi

Sorry for the delay ,I was called out

This is a common issue with Briggs engines

the compression release on the cam broke off

I hope this helps you

Hi. If this helped you

Please rate my answer 4 or more stars.

That is the only way I get credit for the question

or the money you paid stays at JA and I get nothing for my time.

If you need more info use the REPLY button

Not the Poor/Bad service.