Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

My eu 2000 generator starts surging once I plug in power to…

Customer Question
My eu 2000 generator...

My eu 2000 generator starts surging once I plug in power to it. Its runs perfect until I plug the trailer in then it starts surging real bad and cuts the power on and off

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?

Yes its not fuel related it has to do with the draw of electricity

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes but I'm sure ill need some sort of inverter or electrical part

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I understand generator very well and am a knowledgeable mechanic

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Small Engine
i am patiently waiting so i can order my part and go camp
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
10/4/2017
Technician: JON, Small Engine Technician replied 10 months ago
JON
JON, Small Engine Technician

Hi, my name is***** me review the issue, and I will be more than happy to help resolve it as quickly as possible. I will return in under 5 minutes

ty

Being as the engine is just surging under a load and not dying completely, it sounds like it may be a fuel issue, as this will happen if there is a clogged or partially clogged high speed fuel jet in the carb. I would remove and clean the carb to see if this repairs your issue. If not, let me know and we can troubleshoot from there is need be.

Let me know if you need anything else as I am here for you. Please remember to RATE me as I strive to do my BEST, ***** ***** ratings help me to achieve this. 5 STAR RATING IS MY GOAL AND WHAT I STRIVE FOR

I've cleaned the carb and it runs full throttle perfectly until I plug in power from the trailer
I use it regularly and seems like some sort of inverter issue
I've had to replace the coil in the past and a pull cord recoil systems a gas tank clean the carb many times so I'm well versed on this unit

The governor on this carb is electrical and this may be the issue, but there is no way to test this part for proper working order.

Did you remove the emulsion tube and clean all holes when you removed and cleaned the carb previously?

I get many of these in my shop weekly from Xfinity and they have the same issue as you. I normally clean all the carbs in the sonic cleaner and this solves the issue, but if you have already done this, the electronic governor on top of the carb is the only other issue I can see. Normally the machine will shut completely down when load is applied though. You can run machine full throttle as that the only way it will run, until a load is applied.

I will try this tomorrow and get back with you. I only cleaned the jet

oka​y, just let me know the outcome.

this is the eu2000i?

Here is a quick link to cleaning this carb and making sure the emulsion tube if clear of any debris

I know you are familiar with this machine, but figured I would share still

http://vantrekker.com/2013/02/26/a-little-tlc-for-the-honda-generator/

I see question is still open and unrated, please let me know if you need anything else as I am here for you. Please remember to RATE me as I strive to do my BEST, ***** ***** ratings help me to achieve this. 5 STAR RATING IS MY GOAL AND WHAT I STRIVE FOR