Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

I have a fuel problem i have a fastrak 20 honda hp duel

Customer Question
Hi i have a...

Hi i have a fuel problem i have a hustler fastrak 20 honda hp duel tanks 52 inch deck model 926501

Mechanic's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

Just start . no fuel will come out the line . i took right line a lose and blew in it . it made a girggling sound .

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?

Yes fuel in tank . turn off fuel on , where is the fuel filter ?

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes if i can .

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Yes i will do the work.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Small Engine
10/3/2017
Technician: Curtis B., Technician replied 8 months ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! I don't know it all, but maybe together we can get you a satisfactory answer!

The engine has the pulse fuel pump on it, and the fuel filter is between the fuel tank, and the fuel pump. If the fuel pump is not sucking fuel, you may have a break in the suction side of the system The lines up to the pump have to be vacuum tight! You can test bu taking a test line, attached to the fuel pump fitting, the line from tank goes to, and drop it into a fuel container, to see if it will suck fuel ad let engine run.

I see question is still open.??