Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

I have a z and was running great woke up this morning and…

Customer Question
I have a hustler...

I have a hustler z and was running great woke up this morning and notice gas dripping, blew it off to see where it was leaking, couldn't find it, try to start and alot of gas came out of muffler, what causes this

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?

Both tank are full filled it up before parking it, didn't have shut off valve off, I never had to before

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No, that's all

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Small Engine
Answered in 1 hour by:
10/3/2017
Technician: JON, Small Engine Technician replied 10 months ago
JON
JON, Small Engine Technician

Hi, my name is***** me review the issue, and I will be more than happy to help resolve it as quickly as possible. I will return in under 5 minutes

T​his is normally caused by the carb not sealing off and fuel leaking though into the crankcase. Does your oil smell like fuel?

if the oil smells like fuel do an oil change and clean the carb. sometimes the debris that caused the issue will come out if you just drop the carb bowl and then reinstall it, but sometimes a full carb cleaning is required.

Let me know if you need anything else as I am here for you. Please remember to RATE me as I strive to do my BEST, ***** ***** ratings help me to achieve this. 5 STAR RATING IS MY GOAL AND WHAT I STRIVE FOR