Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

I have a deere sabre 15.5hp lawn mower. I just bought a new…

Customer Question
I have a john...

I have a john deere sabre 15.5hp lawn mower. I just bought a new battery for it and recently I am having problems starting it up. If I hook up my battery charger and put this into engine start mode the lawn mower will run but when I switch the key off and try to crank it back up it won't start?

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuel supply? And are all the spark plugs working?

Plenty of fuel but I didn't check the spark plug

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model of your car?

It is a tractor

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Small Engine
10/3/2017
Technician: JON, Small Engine Technician replied 10 months ago
JON
JON, Small Engine Technician
What is the voltage at the battery when you attempt to start it? Sounds like the battery is bad already. You will need a voltmeter to test a few things on the machine. Being as you can jump start it means the voltage is low, but we need to find out why the voltage is low and see what the voltage is before starting and also while machine is running