Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

I own a number of Yamaha 2012 golf carts. Suddenly two of…

Customer Question
I own a number...

I own a number of Yamaha 2012 golf carts. Suddenly two of them have the same problem. The go 1 mile an hour we tested the gas pump and we have spark, but the carts won't move the jug along. They sound fine but just won't get going. We have a few folks mad at us. Is there something someone could put in the gas that would do this? Is there anything like that which would be manifested by slow movement of the cart.

Mechanic's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

The first cart fell out Saturday. The second one today.

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

It depends on if the fix is easy or not.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Nothing other than the carts were working great and then just stopped moving at normal speed.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Small Engine
10/3/2017
Technician: Curtis B., Technician replied 10 months ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! I don't know it all, but maybe together we can get you a satisfactory answer!

Engines are not starting. New spark plugs? Fuel not contaminated? Sugar in gas tank? Would show up as carburetor float and needle sticking

Spark plugs are fine. Fuel is from a good source.

Engine is not starting, you are running on the starter. How is compression? Have the valves been checked?

You aren't going to help me. This is over. I am not satisfied

OK, let me opt out, and see if anyone else will reply!