Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

I have a 22k Generac generator. it ran out of fuel and now…

Customer Question
Hi I have a...

Hi I have a 22k Generac generator. it ran out of fuel and now it says RPM error. What does that mean please?

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the make and model of the generator? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Make is 22 gardian standby only 6 months old. I live in St Thomas and we have been off grid now for 26 days because of 2 cat 5 hurricanes. We are running it 2 hoiurs in morning and 2 at night

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Well we found out that these generators dont have an alternator and there is no way to charge battery when off the grid. What do you suggest as we had been getting a low battery message too.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Small Engine
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
10/3/2017
Technician: Hank F., Technician replied 10 months ago
Hank F.
Hank F., Technician

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am going to assist you with this.

What are the model and serial numbers of the genset?

Hi its a generac 22 k standby generator.

I need the model and serial number.

Im trying to get the serial number. I'm in CA and calling STT to seed if they can get it
ok serial #(###) ###-####engine ident OJ9333
NEVER MIND! PLEASE REFUND MY MONEY
Technician: ,  replied 10 months ago
Phone call session started