Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

Battery charger is about 1-year old; batteries about 4

Customer Question
Battery charger is about...

Battery charger is about 1-year old; batteries about 4 months old. Mower older. Charger gives partial charge and stops with alternating red/green light on charger. Help.

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the make and model of the mower? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

S/N YA N(###) ###-#### Earthwise, model uncertain (label well aged), about 4 yrs old. Charger is QL-09005-B2401800Hk S/N YA U3150223, Batteries are lead-acid same capacity as original.

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I'm a master electrician. Yes!

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Problem started showing up about 2 months ago and has been getting worse. Now charges to 1 green light when mower is running (charger unplugged of course) under no load. Charger cord feels a little loose at connector on mower, but I know of no way to measure its resistance there. When I last changed the batteries, two terminals were badly corroded, but the cables were well-cleaned before attaching to the new batteries.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Small Engine
10/2/2017
Technician: Wayne, Engine Rebuilder replied 10 months ago
Wayne, Engine Rebuilder

Hi I'm Wayne

I will help you with this

As you know, Being a Electrician, they are surface charging

I have seen them fail as little as 3 weeks, do to shelf life

I suggest to get warranty on battery and replace it

I hope this helps you

Hi. If this helped you

Please rate my answer 4 or more stars.

That is the only way I get credit for the question

or the money you paid stays at JA and I get nothing for my time.

If you need more info use the REPLY button

Not the Poor/Bad service.

Morning

Just following up with you

did my answer help you ??

Please remember to rate my answer

or the money you paid stays at JA

and I get nothing for my time