Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

How do i remove the pulley between the grass cutter disk and…

Customer Question
How do i remove...

How do i remove the pulley between the grass cutter disk and the engine dase so i can remove the engine on my austral villers mower mod rm16 ser 4218

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the make and model of the mower? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Aurtral viller kick start model rm16

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No just cant seperate engine from base is pulley press fit or threaded on

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Small Engine
10/2/2017
Technician: Curtis B., Technician replied 10 months ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! I don't know it all, but maybe together we can get you a satisfactory answer!

Pulley is held on with bolt and washer, and is a tight fit. It is NOT screwed on.

No bolts visable the grass cutter is of but there is a pulley remaining about 4inches round i cant remove it to remove the moter

It has to be held in place. If no bolt in the center of the shaft, there has to be a set screw in the side of it. Look for a hole where an allen head set screw will be.

On screws or bolts it must be a press fit or threaded on but i cant se a key way either

Pulleys are never screwed on. Clean the sides of the pulley, and look for a hole in side of shaft, for allen head set screw!

I see question is still open.???