Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

Honda gx240 wont start. Off on switch on. Choke on. Gas on.

Customer Question
Honda gx240 wont start...

Honda gx240 wont start. Off on switch on. Choke on. Gas on. Pulled spark plug and was totally dry after several pulls. Carb bowl has gas in it. Any ideas

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?

Fresh fuel everything on.

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Will try to trouble shoot before taking to a shop

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Small Engine
10/1/2017
Technician: Donald, Small Engine Technician replied 10 months ago
Donald
Donald, Small Engine Technician

Hello. Thank you for choosing Just Answer. My name is***** will be happy to assist you.

You and I need to determine if our problem is fuel related, or if it is ignition related. If you have some carburetor cleaner in a can, spray a small burst directly into your carburetor, to see if your engine will start up and run briefly.