Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

My Troy Built Pony wont do anything when i try to start it.

Customer Question
My Troy Built Pony...

My Troy Built Pony wont do anything when i try to start it. I've checked the fuse , the battery, the button the brake pushes down all good. i dont know what to check next. this is only my second summer using it. Didnt expect problems wirh it so soon. i bought it new too. The swithch under the seat that shuts the engine off when you get off is ok too.

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?

Tank is full. engine acts dead like there isnt even a battery in it

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If i can digure out what it is and its something simple

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Not that i know of

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Small Engine
10/1/2017
Technician: Wayne, Engine Rebuilder replied 10 months ago
Wayne, Engine Rebuilder

Hi I'm Wayne

I will help you with this

did you check for spark at the plug??