Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

I have a generac generator by carrier, it's a 2004

Customer Question
I have a generac...

I have a generac generator by carrier, it's a 2004 model....it starts and runs for about 90 secs and cuts off, I have bypass the oil pressure sensor and well as the other sensors the would cause the problem, any suggests as to the next step

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?

The fuel is natural gas It is a standby

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I have all ready been working on it. replaced the transformer and CB that controls the GFCI receptacle on the unit it self. I know that I have 230v control power coming into the unit. but I'm not seeing 12v power at the terminal strip inside the controls

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I think that 12vdc is supplied from the control card. so I leaning towards it need to be replaced, but the fact that the unit starts and then cuts out is throwing me off. the card is expensive and I want to make sure replacing it is the problem.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Small Engine
10/1/2017
Technician: Wayne, Engine Rebuilder replied 10 months ago
Wayne, Engine Rebuilder

Hi I'm Wayne

I will try to help you with this

do you have any codes or blinking lights ??