Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

I have a poulan 2150. When I turn it on its side to put more…

Customer Question
I have a poulan...

I have a poulan 2150. When I turn it on its side to put more fuel in it gasoline leaks from underneath. I can't see the source of the leak. Also, I havent used it this year, so I have not gotten it to run either. Not sure what to look for...henry

Mechanic's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

Ab

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes, If I can.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Saw is about 3 years old and has had light use.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Small Engine
9/30/2017
Technician: Curtis B., Technician replied 10 months ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! I don't know it all, but maybe together we can get you a satisfactory answer!

Cracked fuel line is likley cause. The fuel lines need to be replaced, tank to carburetor and from carburetor back to tank. To get new lines into the tank, use a sharp blade and make an angle cut, so you have a point on the hose, to insert into the tank, and then use a pair of needle nose pliers or forceps to pull line through the tank wall.

It doesn’t leak if it is sitting on the ground correctly. It only leaked when turned on its side as if to put fuel in it.

Yes, that is when it would show!

Check the lines where they attach to the carburetor. Look for splits or cracks. If they are cracked or splits, you need new lines.

I see question is still open.??