Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

Mower won't crank. Acts like a safety switch is not

Customer Question
Mower won't crank. Acts...

Mower won't crank. Acts like a safety switch is not connecting or working

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the make and model of the mower? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

1 year old. Magnum hp. MH2250kW

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

It cranked fine earlier. When we stopped for lunch and started back to cut it wouldn't start. Acts like no electricity. Battery has 12 volts.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Small Engine
9/30/2017
Technician: Donald, Small Engine Technician replied 10 months ago
Donald
Donald, Small Engine Technician

Hello. Thank you for choosing Just Answer. My name is***** will be happy to assist you.

You and I need to determine if our problem is fuel related, or if it is ignition related. If you have some carburetor cleaner in a can, spray a small burst directly into your carburetor, immediately after your engine stops running, to see if your engine will start right back up and run briefly, or if your still have to wait a few minutes before your engine will re-start.