Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

I have a cub cadet pressure washer and it will not start.

Customer Question
I have a cub...

I have a cub cadet pressure washer and it will not start. Plenty of fuel and oil.

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?

Yes.

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No, it worked fine last week.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Small Engine
9/30/2017
Technician: JON, Small Engine Technician replied 10 months ago
JON
JON, Small Engine Technician

Hi, my name is***** me review the issue, and I will be more than happy to help resolve it as quickly as possible. I will return in under 5 minutes

Try spraying gas, carb cleaner, or starting fluid into the carb manually.

If you can spray fuel/fluid into the carb and/or cylinder and it will run briefly, you have a carb issue. You will need to remove the carb and clean it internally. The cause is a clogged jet, and it is not able to pull its own fuel to continue running. once carb is clean and free of debris in the jet(s), it should operate as normal.

If it doesn't start briefly, let me know and we will troubleshoot further