Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

On a onan bge generator were does wire j1-8 off of p1

Customer Question
On a onan bge...

On a onan bge generator were does wire j1-8 off of p1 terminal land?

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the make and model of the generator? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Onan emerald bge age 1990

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Small Engine
9/30/2017
Technician: Hank F., Technician replied 10 months ago
Hank F.
Hank F., Technician

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am going to assist you with this.

What is the full model number of the genset? There are 17 different versions of the BGE series.

On that wire, there will be 2 parts to the code. After the J1-8, there will be about 3 spaces, and then another letter/number combination. What is that full code?

It will look something like J1-8 L0, or J1-8 K1-I.