Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

J.R., How do I get the old drive belt off, or better yet…

Customer Question
J.R., How do I...
J.R., How do I get the old drive belt off, or better yet around the steering column shaft on my model LT 200 Snapper 44" riding mower. Page 34 of the manual tells me nothing about it. Thanks, Kurt. ***@******.***
Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Small Engine
9/30/2017
Technician: Curtis B., Technician replied 10 months ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! I don't know it all, but maybe together we can get you a satisfactory answer!

Take the belt of the engine pulley, and the idler, then the transmission pulley. The the belt is pulled through the steering mechanism. On replacing, fold the belt, and slip it through the steering , then work the belt over the transmission pulley,, then the engine pulley and last, idler to tighten it.