Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

I am replacing drive belt need to know the correct way to…

Customer Question
I am replacing drive...

I am replacing drive belt need to know the correct way to replace it and how it is routed around the idler pulleys

Mechanic's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

First time

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Don't think so

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Small Engine
9/28/2017
Technician: Dan, Technician replied 10 months ago
Dan, Technician

Welcome to JustAnswer, my name is ***** ***** I'm here to help get your problem solved.

What type of vehicle? Thanks.

murray rider
model 425303x92a
when will get an answer
is any one on line with me
Technician: JON, Small Engine Technician replied 10 months ago
JON
JON, Small Engine Technician

Hi, my name is***** me review the issue, and I will be more than happy to help resolve it as quickly as possible. I will return in under 5 minutes

here is a link that shows the belts routing. looks as though you have two motion drive belts on this machine.

https://www.partstree.com/parts/murray/mowers-lawn-garden-tractor/425303x92a-briggs-murray-42-lawn-tractor-2002-walmart/motion-drive/

it is easier to remove the drive clutch pulley assembly for some, as the bottom belt can be hard to install. always install the belt around the stationary pulleys first and the idler pulleys last.

routing does not show how it is routed on the idler pulleys

idler pulleys go on the back side of the belt. if the pulley is flat, the flat side of belt goes against it. if the pulley has a groove, the groove part of the belt goes inside the pulley

not satifisedwith your answer all of the response I have received no help I need to know belt no.37x112ma has two idler pulleys I need to know how the belt is routed through this pulley assemblyeverthing is simple