Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

The intake valve just bearly mones and does not let s in…

Customer Question
The intake valve just...

The intake valve just bearly mones and does not let s in fuel, 18 hp engine craftsman

Mechanic's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old the engine is? And has it done anything like this in the past?

No 2006

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

How to get the cam shath which is suspect

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Small Engine
9/28/2017
Technician: Curtis B., Technician replied 10 months ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! I don't know it all, but maybe together we can get you a satisfactory answer!

Briggs engine? The engine has to be removed from mower, after removing the drive pulleys. The the crankshaft can be cleaned and sanded, so the sump will slip over it easily, then the sump bolts removed and the sump will come off, to give access t the camshaft. If you have the engine model number, we may be able to find the service manual for it.

I see question is still open.??

Cancel my subscription

?? I am contractor , working from home. I see you want subscription cancelled? You will need to contact site. Then I see you asked for phone call? Calls are extra charge, and have to be done through the site.