Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

Have a twin cyl Briggs and stratton lawn mower, you can jump…

Customer Question
Have a twin cyl...

Have a twin cyl Briggs and stratton lawn mower, you can jump it at the sylonid and pour gas in it and it runs fine but will not even click or anything at the ignition switch

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the make and model of the mower? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

DYT 4000 Craftsman about 12 years old

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I dont guess, It will run fine as long as you pour gas in carb but will not do anything at the ignition switch. No click no nothing

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Small Engine
9/27/2017
Technician: Wayne, Engine Rebuilder replied 10 months ago
Wayne, Engine Rebuilder

Hi I'm Wayne

I will help you with this

have you checked the fuses

what you are describing is a fusee is blown

keeping it from cranking and the fuel shut off solenoid off

Where is the fuse located

Hi

Sorry for the delay,was called out

Let me look in the diagram,as they are in different spots

Hi

It is #26 in the pic

I hope this helps you

Hi. If this helped you

Please rate my answer 4 or more stars.

That is the only way I get credit for the question

or the money you paid stays at JA and I get nothing for my time.

If you need more info use the REPLY button

Not the Poor/Bad service.

Morning

Just following up with you

did my answer help you ??

Please remember to rate my answer

or the money you paid stays at JA

and I get nothing for my time