Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

Can't start! Been running great, try to start, it started…

Customer Question
Can't start! Been...

Can't start! Been running great, try to start, it started then died. Nothing! Check plug, cleaned muffer, still nothing!

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?

Yesw, what shut off valve? Yes clean fuel.

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

It was running four days in a row , then fifth day it started and died before I could get the choke turned down. now nothing

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Small Engine
9/27/2017
Technician: TECHPRO49, Small Engine Technician replied 10 months ago
TECHPRO49
TECHPRO49, Small Engine Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your small engine questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

do you have a year make and model number for what we are working on ?

2012 bg55
Stihl

so if you take it down to the bare carb and choke it are you getting fuel and are you getting spark ?

don't know?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCtWLa_BBv8

heres a video on how to check spark, let me know what you get, and he is wearing rubber gloves in the video if you dont have the gloves make sure not to touch any bare metal parts when checking or you will get a jolt

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7QazBTxugYk you can try this way to if you want to remove the casing

That's a chainsaw, I have a Blower

its a general small engine check, you do the same procedure to check spark,

Your No help!!!! Waste of money!!

maybe you should take it to a mechanic