Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

2005 rv has not run in15 months replaced all batteys changed…

Customer Question
2005 rv has not run...
2005 rv has not run in15 months replaced all batteys changed oil clean carb tested fuel pump ok has 1/2 tank of fuel will only run when i hold down start switch but will shut off in about 15 sec
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Small Engine
9/27/2017
Technician: Wayne, Engine Rebuilder replied 8 months ago
Wayne, Engine Rebuilder

Hi I'm Wayne

I will help you with this

do you have any codes ,

do you know how to get the codes ??

code 32 charged battery and cranks ok now
code 32 i charged the battery cranks ok now

Hi

Let me look that code up

code 32 is low cranking speed

HI OK

That is low cranking speed bu if it starts that is not the issue

Onan has big trouble with the controller failing

That is your issue, need to replace that

here is a link to the new controller click here

I hope this helps you

Hi. If this helped you

Please rate my answer 4 or more stars.

That is the only way I get credit for the question

or the money you paid stays at JA and I get nothing for my time.

If you need more info use the REPLY button

Not the Poor/Bad service.

thank you very much wayne i will get this part and put it in when i get it and cll you back and give you a 4

OK

Thank you

Technician: Wayne, Engine Rebuilder replied 7 months ago

Hi

Just wondering if you received the board and is running

wayne i got the controller from flight sys and installed it and it doing the same thing starts when i hold the switch on for 15 sec ware do i go from here????

HI

I will post this back to the board for another expert

I am out of ideas

Sorry I could not help

Technician: Hank F., Technician replied 7 months ago
Hank F.
Hank F., Technician

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am going to assist you with this.

When this unit first came out about 10 years ago, bad controllers were an issue. But it has not been an issue for several years now.

There are some things you will be able to check, if you have a good digital multimeter, but with a code 32, it might well end up to where you have to take it in to have the unit connected to a special scan tool from Onan. This tool costs about $1000, and is out of the realm of the average person.

However, if you have a good meter, I will be happy to walk you through what testing you can do.

Do you have a quality meter to work with? Preferably one that is capable of reading frequency?

Hank F.
Hank F.
Hank F., Technician