Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

Where is the oil shut off sensor located in an onan 4000 gas…

Customer Question
Where is the oil...

Where is the oil shut off sensor located in an onan 4000 gas powered with no oil filter

Mechanic's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

4 days

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I have done all trouble shooting it has spark and its getting fuel.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Small Engine
9/27/2017
Technician: JON, Small Engine Technician replied 10 months ago
JON
JON, Small Engine Technician

Hi, my name is***** me review the issue, and I will be more than happy to help resolve it as quickly as possible. I will return in under 5 minutes

wh​at is the model number of the onan? most oil sensors are located right near the oil fill/check point. will have wires run to it

ok it ran out of oil and shut off, (I did not put oil or try and start it for over 24 hours)
once I added oil all it will do is turn over but will not catch and start. I checked the air filter, fuel and changed spark plug.I have rulled out everything I feel it can only be the oil level float must be stuck but I do not know where to locate it or how to fix it.

can you spray fluid into the carb and start the machine briefly?

i have not tried that

try this and let me know what happens please

I can not do that till later today can I responed back then?

That will be fine. if it starts briefly, you have a fuel issue and will need to clean carb

Let me know if you need anything else as I am here for you. Please remember to RATE me as I strive to do my BEST, ***** ***** ratings help me to achieve this. 5 STAR RATING IS MY GOAL AND WHAT I STRIVE FOR