Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

I let a friend use my new 2000 generator he said it worked…

Customer Question
I let a friend...

I let a friend use my new b 2000 generator he said it worked fine all day when he shut it off now it wont staet

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?

Yes and i cheked the oil

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Im an electrician if i can figure it out what else would stop spark to spark plug could he have over loaded it

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Small Engine
9/26/2017
Technician: Curtis B., Technician replied 10 months ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! I don't know it all, but maybe together we can get you a satisfactory answer!

You have no spark? Check the kill wire from the switch, to the ignition oil. If kill wire is removed form coil, do you have spark? If no spark, the coil is bad.