Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

My 360 shindalwa chainsaw will start but when I try to pull…

Customer Question
My 360 shindalwa chainsaw...

My 360 shindalwa chainsaw will start but when I try to pull the gas trigger it dies out. I checked carb its clean, filter clean , oil good , gas good or possible i grabbed non mix gas.

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?

I have a shindalwa 377 I have a choke , on and off switch and this screw with indicators L/H but no shut-off valve that I know about gas is clean

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

If non-mix gas is possible would it do this , stop after it starts?

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Small Engine
9/25/2017
Technician: Wayne, Engine Rebuilder replied 10 months ago
Wayne, Engine Rebuilder

Hi I'm Wayne

I will help you with this

what you are describing is the jets in the carb are plugged

I suggest to rebuild or replace the carb

I hope this helps you

Hi. If this helped you

Please rate my answer 4 or more stars.

That is the only way I get credit for the question

or the money you paid stays at JA and I get nothing for my time.

If you need more info use the REPLY button

Not the Poor/Bad service.

Morning

Just following up with you

did my answer help you ??

Please remember to rate my answer

or the money you paid stays at JA

and I get nothing for my time