Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

I sprayed starting fluid in carb. Pulled cord and it ran…

Customer Question
I sprayed starting fluid...

I sprayed starting fluid in carb. Pulled cord and it ran just long enough to burn fluid

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If not to difficult

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Checked needle valve to see if it goes up and down. clean holes in plug(bolt for the bowl)

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Small Engine
9/25/2017
Technician: Curtis B., Technician replied 10 months ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! I don't know it all, but maybe together we can get you a satisfactory answer!

Was carburetr bowl full of fuel? If not, check the fuel line from tank to carb. If there is fuel to carburetor, go back to the carburetor and run wire through all the passages in the main jet and bowl bolt.

Had fuel in bowl. took carb off, clean out holes. In the hole where bolt goes I , there are two holes. one goes all the way through, the other does not. Is that correct?
My phone doesn't have a lot of minutes

Both holes in side of the bowl bolt should be open. But the upper passage that bolt goes in, is the other part of the main jet It needs to be removed and cleaned.

the carb and the jet looks like all one unit. How do I take jet apart

Make an model? Usually the center jet screws out of the body.

troy bilt model # 01902 serial #(###) ###-####

Need numbers off the engine, not washer.

I will get back with you tomorrow , got to go in and cook

OK>

After inspecting the carb. closer, I found a white film all in the carb. and at the bottom of the carb. I decided to take it to be cleaned and then lubricated by someone more qualified than I. I want to thank you for your assistance anyway.

OK> Thanks, ***** ***** using the 5 star rating system to close the question.

I see question is still open?