Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

My Craftsman -Vac uses a Briggs & Stratton 900 Series 205cc…

Customer Question
My Craftsman Chipper-Vac uses...

My Craftsman Chipper-Vac uses a Briggs & Stratton 900 Series 205cc engine. I've had it for two years with little problem.

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the make and model of the chipper? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Now it will start, but only runs at half speed while partially chocked.

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Not very handy, but willing to try.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No, that's it.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Small Engine
9/25/2017
Technician: Curtis B., Technician replied 10 months ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! I don't know it all, but maybe together we can get you a satisfactory answer!

Is fuel line open to the carburetor? Have you drained the carburetor bowl to see if it may have water in it?

I see question is still open?