Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I have a Craftsman High Pressure Washer 6.5 horsepower, 2550

I have a Craftsman High Pressure Washer 6.5 horsepower, 2550 PSI, 2.5 GPM . I had not used it for a while and had trouble with the gas engine dying. I took to a repair person and had the motor tuned up.
JA: What's the make and model of the pressure washer? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: It's a Sears Craftsman high pressure washer. I'g guessing five or six years old. the Model no is:###-##-####JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: I will do it myself if I can get some help. The motor works fine and the spray is a strong stream. It will run about a minute at high and then the motor dies.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I checked the nozzle and replaced one of the O - rings. When the motor is off and I depress the handle I get a steady stream. I tried the trouble shooting comments but nothing works.

Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! I don't know it all, but maybe together we can get you a satisfactory answer!

If the engine is dieing, the fuel supply to the engine is problem. Is tank hose and filter open to the carburetor? If it is, the carburetor may be problem. Is the engine equipped with an oil level or pressure shutoff? If it does, it may be killing park , if it detects an oil problem.