Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

When driving my Polaris 400 cuts out so when I pump the

Customer Question
When driving my Polaris 400...
When driving my Polaris 400 cuts out so when I pump the throttle it clears it's self after .30 seconds. Plus the battery dies frequently?
Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Small Engine
9/25/2017
Technician: Curtis B., Technician replied 10 months ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! I don't know it all, but maybe together we can get you a satisfactory answer!

Have you checked the charging system when it is running? Check battery voltage before starting, then check with engine running, is voltage at least 1 volt more? If it is, charging system is working, if not, the charging system is not charging, the stator/alternator needs t be checked and the voltage regulator. As for the engine , the carburetor needs to be cleaned and rebuilt.

I already did the carburetor complete rebuild with no change. As well as checking the charging system where there was no issue. I am assuming I have a short some where . Where I guess would be the best or most common place to start looking in the electrical components for a short or draw? No help with the cutting out issue.