Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

Small Engine

I was checking the fuses on our JD X300 and have 15, 20, and

7.5 amp fuses in it...
I was checking the fuses on our JD X300 and have 15, 20, and 7.5 amp fuses in it. The manual says it should have a 15 amp and two 7.5 amp fuses. Why the discrepancy?
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: Just discovered it today. Yesterday, my husband was checking the fuses and dropped one which I just found and it is a 20 amp fuse. I checked the manual to see where to insert it and found the different amp numbers.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: The original problem we are trying to fix is the PTO won't engage. We have replaced the PTO switch, put in a new battery, and were now checking the fuses. I'd really appreciate advice re the PTO problem if you can offer any.
9/25/2017
Wayne, Engine Rebuilder

Hi I'm Wayne

I will help you with this

1st check if you have power on the PTO wire ,key on and switch on

if yes,pTO clutch failed, if no trace the wires and check the fuse

both ends with a test light

I hope this helps you

Hi. If this helped you

Please rate my answer 4 or more stars.

That is the only way I get credit for the question

or the money you paid stays at JA and I get nothing for my time.

If you need more info use the REPLY button

Not the Poor/Bad service.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
You did not answer my original question about the different fuses. Also, there is power to the PTO so what do I do about the failed clutch?

HI

I was looking at you last sentence I'd really appreciate advice re the PTO problem if you can offer any.

as far as the fuses, in you bought it new

they were missed installed , you can change it back to your manual

won't hurt any thing

You need to replace the Clutch , if you need part number let me know

Hi. If this helped you

Please rate my answer 4 or more stars.

Not the Poor/Bad service.

Wayne, Engine Rebuilder
Wayne, Engine Rebuilder