Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

How do you remove the front wheel on a Craftsman garden

Customer Question
How do you remove...

How do you remove the front wheel on a Craftsman garden tractor model 247.27048

Mechanic's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

Just today, manual is no help at all.

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I was just going to remove entire wheel and take it to a tire shop but not sure how? There are no bolts just a plastic piece in center of hub. Not sure how that comes off

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Small Engine
9/25/2017
Technician: JON, Small Engine Technician replied 10 months ago
JON
JON, Small Engine Technician
Should have a c clip on the axle. Pry off with a screwdriver and then remove the washer . Tire should pull right off
Let me know if you need anything else as I am here for you.
Please remember to rate me as I strive to do my best and your rating helps me to achieve this goal
I know there is a clip...I can't figure out how to remove the plastic hub without breaking it. What a waste of time for useless answer
Not much that you can do honestly. They break 9 out of 10 times in a new one will be needed. Any small engine shop should have those in stock for less than two bucks. Use a pair of pliers to get the old one off