Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

My Generac generator keeps coming up with a low battery

Customer Question
My Generac generator keeps...

My Generac generator keeps coming up with a low battery warning, but I've checked the batery's voltage and its over 12.5 volts and on manual it starts the engine. It eventually kicks the generator off of automatic and the red light comes on. What should I do?

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?

It is propane and there's fuel in the tank. It starts ok on manual, but the low battery code stays on.

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If I can.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I have tried to reboot it by disconnecting the battery cables and hooking back up again.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Small Engine
Answered in 4 days by:
9/29/2017
Technician: Hank F., Technician replied 10 months ago
Hank F.
Hank F., Technician
Hello, are you still needing help with this?