Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

My Chambplain Lift Master garage door remote opener will not…

Customer Question
My Chambplain Lift Master...

My Chambplain Lift Master garage door remote opener will not always open garage door from out door. It works sometime if I step out of the car and push the button but not always. Otherwise if works fine. It was in stalled in 2011

Mechanic's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

About 3 months and the only thing that changed is solar panels on the roof

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you talked to a solar panel professional about this?

No.

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If it easy

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I don't think so

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Small Engine
9/24/2017
Technician: 350matt,
 replied 10 months ago
350matt

Hello

depending on the size of the door there should be 1 or 2 springs on the garage door mechanism and if the door is sluggish to open then possibly 1 of these is broken or detached

I'd also apply some lube to the chain ( sticky grease / bicycle chain lube is best) and ensure that the motor spindle with the chain sprocket on it is running square and true as I've known the top bearings to break up and allow the motor spindle to flop about and run on the skew

Technician: 350matt,
 replied 10 months ago

Hi
do you still need help?
Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you