Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

My Huskee MTD # 14AZ808K131 is moving so slow I can push mow…

Customer Question
My Huskee MTD #...

My Huskee MTD # 14AZ808K131 is moving so slow I can push mow faster

Mechanic's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

Last few weeks seems to be getting slower no its is like extremely slow

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If I can yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No not really it does move faster in reverse than forward

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Small Engine
9/23/2017
Technician: Curtis B., Technician replied 10 months ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! I don't know it all, but maybe together we can get you a satisfactory answer!

This is a manual transmission and the speed is controlled by the variable pulley between the front belt and the rear belt. Are belts tight, and does the variable pulley move back and forth with the speed lever, and dos it move up and down to change the shape of the pulley. Y'm thinking the variable pulley is stuck. See link below.

I see question is still open.???