Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

I have a McCullough 14 inch electric chainsaw, EM250

Customer Question
I have a McCullough...

I have a McCullough 14 inch electric chainsaw, EM250 Electramac and cannot locate an oil tank. The tank on the saw leaks and the part is no longer available. What other brand of chainsaw is compatible with the McCullough as I have 2 chainsaw blades I'd like to continue using?

Mechanic's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

Close to 2 months. I cannot find the oil tank online and the service place I went to could not find the tank part either.

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If I can get an oil tank. I should be able to install it.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Nothing else.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Small Engine
9/23/2017
Technician: TECHPRO49, Small Engine Technician replied 10 months ago
TECHPRO49
TECHPRO49, Small Engine Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

so I have also looked for this part and can not find it , can you show me where on the tank you have the leak, I think we may be able to repair it

I have no way to show you.

I also see the saw for sale on e bay for 50 bucks that is another option then you will have a spare parts saw

so with the leak you can get a epoxy and clean the tank with brake cleaner so there is no oils to effect the epoxy, and set the tank in the epoxy and use a paper bag to conform a mold around where the leak is to seal the tank that way

Please let me know if you have any further questions.
Now that I have posted a partial or complete answer, you will see you can rate me. The deposit you have already paid is not transferred to me until you rate me. I would like to receive nothing less than 5 star excellent ratings. So if we are not there yet, please reply and let me help more. If you're not pleased, let me know because rating bad does not result in a refund, there are better options. Rating now will not close this post nor prevent replying. Thanks Shawn.