Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

Cub Cadet enduro series xt1 lawn tractor stopped moving

Customer Question
Cub Cadet enduro series...

Cub Cadet enduro series xt1 lawn tractor stopped moving while mowing. Possibly ran over a stick. There is a transmission disengage lever/switch It runs but won't move as if I pulled that switch

Mechanic's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

It just happened while mowing the lawb

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If it's a simple fix

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

The belt feels loose underneath through I'll be honest and say I've never touched it before.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Small Engine
9/23/2017
Technician: JON, Small Engine Technician replied 10 months ago
JON
JON, Small Engine Technician

Hi, my name is***** me review the issue, and I will be more than happy to help resolve it as quickly as possible. I will return in under 5 minutes

FIRST THING TO CHECK WHEN YOUR MACHINE WILL NOT MOVE IS THE DRIVE BELT. YOU SHOULD HAVE A BELT THAT IS AROUND ALL PULLEYS AND NOT BROKEN OR CRACKED. CHECK THE BELT AND LET ME KNOW HOW IT LOOKS PLEASE..

Let me know if you need anything else as I am here for you. Please remember to RATE me as I strive to do my BEST, ***** ***** ratings help me to achieve this. 5 STAR RATING IS MY GOAL AND WHAT I STRIVE FOR

My tractor is brand new purchased at the end of July no belts are broken.

If it is possible you ran over a stick, it is possible said stick knocked the belt loose, broke the belt, damaged the belt, or disengaged the bypass valve at the rear of the machine.

If the belt is on and around all the pulleys from front to back, and the bypass valve is in the engaged mode, then I would return to dealer as you may have a transmission issue

being as this happened while mowing, I would check the drive belt above the deck from front to back and on all idler pullies

The belt is off on the engine side which explains why it's so loose at the back. Is there a quick way to get this back on?

you will need to loosen the bolt on the crankshaft and slide the pulley downwards to reinstall the belt, and then just tighten bolt back up. Sometimes it will require the bolt be removed, but I would loosen it as much as you can first before complete removal