Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

I have a snapper ride on mower LT series ,starts after a…

Customer Question
Hi i have a...

Hi i have a snapper ride on mower LT series ,starts after a fashion ,then dies ,changed the armature magneto ,,great spark now ,checked fuel line good amount getting to the carbretta ,but stall same problem goes a little then dies ?!!Wot say you thanks cliff longlands

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?

Yes full tank fuel getting to the carb

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yep

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Can not think of any thing the machine i 3 years old i keep it clean and tidy ,used about every month during the summer (may to sept )about 3 hours per month

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Small Engine
9/23/2017
Technician: Donald, Small Engine Technician replied 8 months ago
Donald
Donald, Small Engine Technician

Hello. Thank you for choosing Just Answer. My name is***** will be happy to assist you.

Good morning Cliff. It is very likely that you have carburetor related issues. Either your carburetor needs to be cleaned or your fuel shut off solenoid is not working properly, if equipped.

We can continue from here.

What does the shut off solenoid look like and where is it I have just replaced the armature magneto to the spark plug line ,and it has an enormous spark

It is screwed into the bottom of your carburetor. It has wires attached to it.

I want to contonue on line and i will not pay any more as ,i have paid 18 euros ,and it nas not been explained to me on your site that i have to pay more ,i have asked Pearl 3 times wher are you ,and all she says is ,"she does not understand"

The phone call is only optional. It is for customers who rather not type or cannot type.

You and I do not need to speak by phone in order to resolve the issue you are having with your engine.

Cliff, I am a live person. You are not being billed any additional fees.

We can continue online.

Donald ,i have been orf line the thing crashed ,i am back now ,i hope ,i will not telephone you ,and have you bill me for another 24 euros you have just taken 18 euros ,after Pearl told me to give details for 5 euros and in actual fact 18 was taken ,and you have not told me a thing yet?As for calling you and charging more that is downright extorstionedate behaviour ,so please cancel this call and return my money Cliff Longlands
have you rebated my 15.99 pounds

Hello Cliff. You are not being billed for a phone call. The phone call is online optional. You and I do not to speak via phone in order to resolve the issue you are having with your engine. I do believe our problem is carburetor related. This is why I asked you about your fuel shut off solenoid, if equipped.

Your fuel shut off solenoid should click each time you cycle your ignition switch on and off. It has a spring loaded plunger that must retract, when your ignition switch is on, to allow fuel to flow within your carburetor. Sometimes this part will fail either before, or after it reaches full operating temperature.

no phone call you should explain how you charge up front ,not as the conversation goes along ,this is fraud !i want you to give me my money back . cliff longlands

I will forward your question to our customer service department.

Donald
Donald
Donald, Small Engine Technician