Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

Have a generac generator, it will start, then starts leaking

have a generac generator, it will start, then starts leaking large amount of fuel out of the head cover vent.
JA: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?
Customer: yes
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no

Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! I don't know it all, but maybe together we can get you a satisfactory answer!

Customer: replied 26 days ago.
ok, what else do you need to know?

Needle valve in the carburetor is not shutting off the fuel supply, the needle and float needs to be cleaned.

Here is basic carburetor, your's will be similar.

Customer: replied 26 days ago.
I did clean that, it didn't appear to be sticking, but could have been. I need to replace the head cover gasket before I can try to restart it. If that was sticking, it would cause fuel to run out the head cover vent tube?
Customer: replied 26 days ago.
just trying to make sure it can't be anything else before I order the gasket.

Yes, but check the oil in the engine, is not diluted with gasoline.

Customer: replied 26 days ago.
ok, will do, was planning on draining the gas tank, since it has been sitting, and changing the oil.

OK>