Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

Yesterday I was running my generator and using the microwave…

Customer Question
Yesterday I was running...

Yesterday I was running my generator and using the microwave and air conditioner. I also was heating water in an electric pot, not thinking about the over usage of power. All of a sudden, the power cut off.
I checked the inside breakers and they all were on. I checked the one outside on the generator. It was not tripped. I did flip it a few times and checked that it was on. None of this helped.
I brought it home and plugged it into the 30 amp socket and everything works. What do you think is wrong?

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the coolant level? Has there been any leaking from the hoses?

Coolent levels? In the genarator?

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your RV?

2008 Forest river forester

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Forester yourself? What have you tried so far?

I would like to. I have done all the things stated above.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Cant think of anything

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Small Engine
Answered in 5 days by:
9/28/2017
Technician: Hank F., Technician replied 8 months ago
Hank F.
Hank F., Technician

Hello, my name is Hank.

Are you still needing help with this?

It sounds like you are having an issue with the transfer switch.