JON
JON, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  Certified Small Engine Technician
94737911

My &S 6.75 won't start. For more than a year i have been

my B&S 6.75 won't start. For more than a year i have been able to start it by pull the cord 15-20 times. I have changed the filter and spark plug, new gas. It will not start now. It is flooded, I am letting dry at the moment. Is there anything else that I need to know with this engine. I am fairly comfortable around small engines.
JA: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?
Customer: Yes, to all of the above.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes, I have dismantled numerous engines,
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: One question why did it take 15-20 pulls before it started?

Hi, my name is***** me review the issue, and I will be more than happy to help resolve it as quickly as possible. I will return in under 5 minutes

I​ WOULD REMOVE THE CARB AND CLEAN IT WITH CARB CLEANER. MAKE SURE TO BLOW AIR OR USE A SMALL WIRE THROUGHT THE CENTER JET AND OUTSIDE BREATHER JETS (AIR FILTER SIDE). IF IT IS TAKING SO MANY PULLS TO START IT IS DUE TO A PARTIALLY CLOGGED FUEL JET. FLOODING WOULD BE DUE TO THE NEEDLE NOT SEATING CORRECTLY, WHICH CAN ALSO BE CAUSED BY THIS

Let me know if you need anything else as I am here for you. Please remember to RATE me as I strive to do my BEST, ***** ***** ratings help me to achieve this. 5 STAR RATING IS MY GOAL AND WHAT I STRIVE FOR

Customer: replied 29 days ago.
How much time do I have to do this

as much time as you need. just let me know if you need anything else

here is a video for a visual

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KOnu-TvlVuw

Customer: replied 29 days ago.
After I let it sit for about 5 hours it started on the 4th pull. Howver, I still can figure out, why I need so many pulls to start it. Over the winter, I will dry out the gas, refurbish the card and hope that it will solve the problem. Thanks
Let me know if you need anything else as I am here for you.
Please remember to rate me as I strive to do my best and your rating helps me to achieve this