Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

I have a 2510 Kawasaki mule that wont start don't know the…

I have a 2510...

I have a 2510 Kawasaki mule that wont start don't know the year thogh

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?

Yes it turns over but the pickup coil on 1 side was bad so I changed that no luck

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I changed the fuel in it and put a brand new carb on it but it seem like the side I changed the coil on is a week spark maybe

Answered in 1 hour by:
9/22/2017
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! I don't know it all, but maybe together we can get you a satisfactory answer!

Both sides have spark? This engine should run , even it only one cylinder is firing. Have you ran a compression test? I have a 2510 in my shop now, so I know it well.

Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Phone call session started

Thanks, ***** ***** , spark, and compression, check the exhaust, next would be to check the flywheel key.

Hi Curtis I tried the exaust not it . The spark is good also;can you suggest something else

Could cylinders be flooded? Pence off the fuel supply line, remove spark plugs and spin engine to clear cylinders, the re-install spark plugs and see if it will fire with fuel cut off. Do you have suction on the carburetor throat if you hold hand over carb opening? Have you ever had the rocker covers off and checked the valves?

thanks Curtis I will try them tommorow

Push rods not bent and valves set around .006 inch, intake and exhaust.

Hi Curtis 1 pushrod is bent on 1 side and the other side it is off the rocker arm and also the same valve was stuck where the pushrod was bent and the other side 1 pushrod was off the rocker arm.Can I just replace the pushrods?I think they were stuck from setting so long and there is a lot of carbon buildup all around both sides Thank you Curtis

Push on the valves to be sure valves are not stuck If valves are moving, just replace the pushrods! They are the smallest I ever saw!