Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

My scotts 2554s mower when turning the key to start nothing…

Customer Question
My scotts 2554s mower...

My scotts 2554s mower when turning the key to start nothing happens. dash light comes on. while jumping starter solenoid i hear spinning but not engaging bendix

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?

Yes there is fuel.valve open

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Small Engine
9/21/2017
Technician: JON, Small Engine Technician replied 10 months ago
JON
JON, Small Engine Technician

Hi, my name is***** me review the issue, and I will be more than happy to help resolve it as quickly as possible. I will return in under 5 minutes

I​f you are jumping the solenoid and the Bendix is not engaging, a new starter is needed or that one needs rebuilt. by jumping the solenoid, you are by passing everything else except the starter, so that is where the problem will be.

Let me know if you need anything else as I am here for you. Please remember to RATE me as I strive to do my BEST, ***** ***** ratings help me to achieve this. 5 STAR RATING IS MY GOAL AND WHAT I STRIVE FOR

Thank you, I'll try that.

my problem is not the starter or battery. must be a safety switch other than seat switch.Cannot find another, please help.

if the starter is not engaging then the starter is the issue. you stated you can hear it spinning, but the Bendix is not engaging. if the starter is spinning, all safety switches are working.

you have a seat switch, brake switch, and a pto switch.