Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

I have a 2017 48-inch Tiger Cat 2 with about 150 hours on…

Customer Question
I have a 2017 48-inch...
I have a 2017 48-inch Scag Tiger Cat 2 with about 150 hours on it. My drive belt broke so I purchased a new one and it seems real small as I've tried every which way to get it around and pulleys and I can't. Is there a trick?
Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Small Engine
9/21/2017
Technician: JON, Small Engine Technician replied 9 months ago
JON
JON, Small Engine Technician

Hi, my name is***** me review the issue, and I will be more than happy to help resolve it as quickly as possible. I will return in under 5 minutes

WHAT IS THE MODEL OF THIS MACHINE?

I don't have the mower right in front of me but I do know it's an fx, not an fs. It's a new scag tiger cat II 48"

I AM THINKING THIS IS THE ONE FOR YOUR MACHINE, BUT WITHOUT THE EXACT MODEL IT MAY DIFFER. LET ME KNOW THE MODEL WHEN YOU CAN IF THIS DOESNT WORK AND I CAN GET THE DIAGRAM

Let me know if you need anything else as I am here for you. Please remember to RATE me as I strive to do my BEST, ***** ***** ratings help me to achieve this. 5 STAR RATING IS MY GOAL AND WHAT I STRIVE FOR

Buddy I've got that information I know how the the thing is supposed to go I just can't figure out how to get around them please and get it on I mean anybody can Google belt diagram and come up with that.
The holdup pardon me for being slick I don't mean to this my first time with this experience and yes I wasn't expecting just a diagram of how the belt goes I'm wanting to technical support of how to get the damn thing on. And yes that is the diagram of mine
Technician: Curtis B., Technician replied 9 months ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

If belt is the correct one, you install the belt on the three pulleys, at drive motors and engine. Leaving it off the idler. Then with i=belt on the three, use breaker bar in the square hole in the idler bracket to pull the arm back and slip the idler against the belt.

Technician: Curtis B., Technician replied 8 months ago

I see question is still open.??