Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

Where is the low oil sensor switch on a craftsman generator,

Customer Question
Where is the low...

Where is the low oil sensor switch on a craftsman generator

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the make and model of the generator? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

It was bought when kathrina 13 yrs ago it was never taken out ot the box until now

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Have a Craftsman generator purchased 10/31/14. Still in box inside sealed wooden box. Put gas and oil in for Hurricane Irma. Cranked on first pull, ran 20 minutes and cut off will not crank again. Plug fires and has oil pressure. Can't fine anyone that knows what is wrong.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Small Engine
Where is the low oil sensor on the generator?
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Phone(###) ###-####
9/21/2017
Technician: Curtis B., Technician replied 11 months ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! I don't know it all, but maybe together we can get you a satisfactory answer!

low oil pressure switch location depends on engine model number. But does not sound like problem. Remove the spark plug, and with it grounded to the metal of the engine, see if it has spark when cranking. If it has spark, put teaspoon of fuel into the spark plug hole, re-install the spark plug and see if it will run for a few seconds. If it does, the carburetor is not letting fuel to the engine. Check fuel supply from tank to the carburetor, filter may be plugged with water. If fuel is getting to the carburetor, the carburetor may have float stuck! And carburetor bowl may need to be removed and checked , to see if fuel flowing and filling up the float bowl.