Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

I have a Bolens Snow Blower model 826 sn #0401081 engine…

I have a Bolens...

I have a Bolens Snow Blower model 826 sn #0401081 engine hm-80-15 or h-1480-15 sn #91590. I have checked fuel line and gas is getting to the cab. Engine will run for a few seconds, when I sray gas directly into cab. The electric starter cranks the engine just fine. I made sure the spark plug is getting a spark. I am baffled why engine will not run?

Mechanic's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old the engine is? And has it done anything like this in the past?

I only purchased very recently. The brocure has a date of 5/1979.

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes!

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

When it runs on the srayed gas in cab., it sounds great!

9/21/2017
Donald
Donald, Small Engine Technician

Hello. Thank you for choosing Just Answer. My name is***** will be happy to assist you.

Based upon your symptoms, it is very likely that your carburetor is at fault. You have either a partially clogged jet or a partially clogged fuel passage in the body of your carburetor.

If you give your carburetor a good cleaning, this will resolve our problem.

We can continue from here.

Donald
Donald, Small Engine Technician
I should add that I installed a new cab..

I am back with you. Will your engine run longer if you fully choke your carburetor? Is your new carburetor an OEM or aftermarket part?