Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

I have been given a WW2 Briggs and Stratton engine with a…

Customer Question
Hi,I have been given...

Hi,I have been given a WW2 Briggs and Stratton engine with a battery charger Fitted. The engine will start to run but when the switch is placed in the charging position the engine will stop. We have looked inside the swithch and find that some parts ha been welded,,,,The switch is a four position with start to left and 2 charging positions to the right.What we need is a new switch,can you help please

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?

Yes to all

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

With a mechanic friend as my main helper

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No I think I have covered it

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Small Engine
9/21/2017
Technician: Curtis B., Technician replied 10 months ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! I don't know it all, but maybe together we can get you a satisfactory answer!

Not much to go on! Do you have numbers off the engine? Or can you attach picture of the switch?