Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

I have a Generac 16KW residential generator that is supposed…

Customer Question
I have a Generac...

I have a Generac 16KW residential generator that is supposed to turn on automatically when there is a power failure. It runs on propane. There is fuel. A few weeks ago, there was a brief failure and the generator cut in for aboug 5 minutes until power was restored to the grid. When Irma hit here in Georgia, power went out and so did Generac. I opened the hood and tried to get it to crank but it won't do anything. The panel has red and ***** *****ghts showing. What can I do to get it working?

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the make and model of the generator? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Generac, 16 kw, about 1.5 years old. Propane fuel.

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If I can. Yes.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Can't think of anything else. Are you familiar with Generac? I can't find the manual right now.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Small Engine
9/21/2017
Technician: 350matt,
 replied 11 months ago
350matt

Hello

if you lift up the lid there should be sticker telling you the serial number and model name of the standby generator you have?

can you post it up please?

Technician: 350matt,
 replied 10 months ago

Hi
do you still need help?
Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you

Sorry, I'm in Africa.
Technician: 350matt,
 replied 10 months ago

Hello

Well thats fine

can you tell me the SN and model?

Can't respond now. Out of country. Returning on Oct 13th.
Technician: 350matt,
 replied 10 months ago

understood

just get back to me on this post

I am in Africa right now and will returnon Oct. 13th. I'lll respond then giving you the serial number.
Technician: 350matt,
 replied 10 months ago

understood