Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

721d adjust high idle (is 3060 ) all summer, yes, no other…

Customer Question
721d adjust high...

721d adjust high idle (is 3060 )

Mechanic's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

All summer

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No other problem

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Small Engine
9/20/2017
Technician: Curtis B., Technician replied 11 months ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! I don't know it all, but maybe together we can get you a satisfactory answer!

Grasshopper mower? What engine? You want to increase the high idle? To increase high idle the governor spring tension has to be increased.

JD757 book said 3600 spring will not do that much

Sorry ,was out mowing my grass, What do you want for rpm? 3600 is not enough? You still want call? This is Kawasaki twin engine. and it is adjusted by increasing tension on the spring. If spring is not enough, you need to find a stronger spring!