Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

I have a Generac generator Model #01645, 4000 EXL. While…

Customer Question
I have a Generac...

I have a Generac generator Model #01645, 4000 EXL. While starting after storm Irma, the fuel shut off valve broke off in my hand. I need a replacement and instructions for repair

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?

The fuel drained from tank after valve broke off in my hand. The valve actually fell apart.

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I'm a 73 yr. old woman, but with the correct valve and instructions, I was hopeful that I could complete the repair.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I believe that is all - details of generator: Model #01645, Generac 4000 EXL, serial #1012018862

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Small Engine
9/20/2017
Technician: JON, Small Engine Technician replied 11 months ago
JON
JON, Small Engine Technician

Hi, my name is***** me review the issue, and I will be more than happy to help resolve it as quickly as possible. I will return in under 5 minutes

WAS YOUR SHUT OFF PLASTIC OR METAL, AS THEY CAME EITHER WAY