Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

My cub cadet when you turn ignition key to reverse caution…

My cub cadet when...

My cub cadet when you turn ignition key to reverse caution mode position

Mechanic's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

Engine shuts off

Mechanic's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old the engine is? And has it done anything like this in the past?

2011 kawasaki 21.5 RF651V

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Do you need model number?

9/20/2017
JON
JON, Small Engine Technician

Hi, my name is***** me review the issue, and I will be more than happy to help resolve it as quickly as possible. I will return in under 5 minutes

is​ it killing the engine when you turn the key, or you try to move the machine in reverse mode?

when you turn the key

with the blades off, will it still die if the key is turned into reverse mode?

t​hen the switch itself needs to be replaced.

Let me know if you need anything else as I am here for you. Please remember to RATE me as I strive to do my BEST, ***** ***** ratings help me to achieve this. 5 STAR RATING IS MY GOAL AND WHAT I STRIVE FOR

JON
JON, Small Engine Technician
Thank you, ***** ***** what I thought just wanted to make sure.